6/23/10

Cooking it up with Katie sparkles!

This week, at Cooking it Up with Katie, our challenge ingredients are
1. alter or create an embellishment
2. add some sparkle
3. use a die cut

I took all 3 ingredients and used them on one thing on my card -


My flower embellishment was created by me using 2 sizes of flower die cuts which I then rolled so they would peel a little. On top of the flower I added a button that I altered by adding glue and prisma glitter and then a little floss bow adhered to the button. Three ingredients = one cute embellie!

The image is from Inkadinkadoo, the border punch by Martha Stewart and the paper by My Mind's Eye (? I think). Oh and if you click and take a closer look at the card, you'll see a little sparkle on each bird as well.

So how about joining us for this week's challenge? Just follow the recipe and get your creative groove on! Be sure to leave a link to your creation at Cooking it up with Katie so we can all see what you designed!

I'm taking a break from posting tomorrow but will be back Friday evening for the PaperTrey Ink Blog Hop! This will be my first and I am really looking forward to it so I hope you will join me! The hop starts at 8 pm EST so stop by and check it out! Until then, make it a creative day and maybe take a peek at Ridiculous Lab, where I am talking about the Bachelorette!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Haley D. said...

Very cute! Congrats on your 10 years with Close To My Heart!

Suzie McFloozy said...

Fab card mary - that stamp is just adorable and the DP is perfect with it x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Stephanie said...

Great card! I just love those Martha Stewart border punches...but I'm totally running out of storage for all of my punches!

The Mama Monkey said...

What a fun "recipe" challenge! The colors you chose are just perfect, too!