5/16/10

Easel Elegance

The challenge at Corrosive Challenges this week is to create an easel card. I had never made one so I Googled directions and found out they are pretty easy and the results are fabulous! Definitely will make another sometime!

I know, right? I'm in love, I tell ya! Here's a few Big Ideas I incorporated into the card that you might want to try sometime:

* Mix white and cream on the same card for a subtle and elegant look.
* If you try an easel card, you can use a variety of things to hold the easel open like a button or a brad. In this card, I found that repeating the lace/ribbon trimmed added enough of a ledge to prop open the card.

Supplies include DP from the Basic Grey collection Cappella, stamps are from JustRite, brad from Close To My Heart, ribbon - unknown source. The white mat was "letterpressed" with ink and an Impressabilities plate from Spellbinders. It is very cool up close - click the picture for a little closer look.

If you would like to play along this week with Corrosive, create an easel card and upload to your blog or other online gallery. Then leave us a link at the challenge blog so we can see what you created.

I am off to finish up the rest of my housework/yardwork and then go to the movies this afternoon with hubby and son and see "Iron Man 2". Have a great Sunday!

Photobucket

3 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors on this!

peggysue said...

Beautiful Mary, what a great color choice!

Stephanie said...

I'm really into these colors lately...I think it's mainly because I've been thinking about some home decor & I love these colors in a house. I just got the new Cream paper pack from Basic Grey which is really similar to this Cappella line...just gorgeous!