1/23/10

Random day of randomness

It's Saturday and I should be finishing up my notecard order but I feel like I have too many other things to tackle first and somehow, that means blogging too. And then there's changing sheets on beds, scanning textbooks (son uses a screen reader for his college texts) and figuring out what to make for dinner when nothing sounds good. Not that I don't think food, in general, sounds good, I just don't think I'm in the mood for cooking. But it was pizza last night so I guess tonight I have to go back to cooking something. Maybe homemade subs. Easy.

Here's my recipe for homemade subs - it's not a combination you might think of for a sub but trust me, it works.
From the deli, get sliced ham, pickle and pimento loaf (Or olive loaf if they don't have p&p) and cooked salami (not hard salami). Some places call it Cotto salami. Oh and cheese. My mom always used Swiss - I prefer Provolone. 
Melt a little butter and stir in some garlic powder to make a garlic spread.
Split your sub buns open and spread some of the garlic butter on one side. Layer the meats and top with cheese. Wrap the sub in foil and place in a 275 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes.
Then serve with tomato/lettuce/condiments - even Italian dressing added to this is pretty good.

French fries make a great side dish.

I think that's what's for dinner tonight.

What are planning for dinner?


Photobucket

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy Mary. Sometimes cooking can be complicated trying to orchestrate it every night.