11/10/09

Warm hugs and gingerbread

It's Tuesday Throwdown with Sherrod Studio and I've got a sketch to share with you this week!

















I love sketches that combine a couple of different shapes and elements. I've been in a Christmasy mood so here's the card I created based on the sketch (and this time, I stuck to the sketch a lot closer!)






































I used the Fresh Baked set from Sherrod Studio and Basic Grey papers. My gingerbread boy was stamped in Brown Bag ink (Close To My Heart) and trimmed with White Daisy ink. I added some gold colored sparkles to him for buttons and a similar gem on the piece with the sentiment. The sparkly swirl behind him is an acrylic shape that I ran through my Xyron to add adhesive and then it was sprinkled with Prisma Glitter for a snowy, sparkly look.

I hope you'll join us and play along with the sketch this week! Just create your card and upload to your blog or other online gallery (please use the keyword SSTT05). Then hop over to the Sherrod Studio blog and leave us a link to see your creation. I will be back tomorrow with another sketch - this time from MyGrafico - and a sock monkey. Until then - have a creative day!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Mary - I love that Brown Bag ink you used on the gingerbread man...it's perfect!! I have a friend who's a CTMH consultant...I see an order coming soon :)

Great card, Mary!!

Leah said...

Very fun card! Your blog header is just great too:)

Gina Lindsay said...

Love that sparkly swirl!

Kim said...

Awesome card! I love the distressed look.