11/24/09

Oh Thanksgiving, will I survive you?

Thanksgiving is the holiday that I host for my family and so I am gearing up for the day in untold ways - well, untold until now. For instance, part of my preparations this year included cleaning out all of the closets in my house over the weekend. Why? Who knows. But apparently it needed to be done in order to roast a turkey.

Today, I am having the carpeting in my house cleaned. This will result in two possible outcomes: 1) the carpet will still be damp on Thursday morning, 2) it will rain the next few days - yes, that is the forecast - and muddy dog paws will wreak havoc on temporarily clean carpet and 3) *I know I said 2 but I just thought of another one* - my family will be as they always are when we get together and some food item will end up on the carpet somewhere.

And last but certainly not least, I am also preparing for Thanksgiving by beating my dishwasher to death as it chose last night to stop working all together - no power and water lying inside where it definitely does not belong! Hand washing dinner dishes for a party of 8 does not please me - is styrofoam plates tacky for a holiday meal?

And finally (yes, I know you thought I was done but clearly I am not) there will be one extra guest for Thanksgiving dinner this year - whatever critter is currently taking up residence in my attic just might find a way to get some turkey. After all, he managed to flip the traps and clean the peanut butter off of them without getting caught so turkey might be his next move.

Can you tell how much I am looking forward to this holiday? In fact, despite everything, I am. I enjoy having the family around, I love the Thanksgiving food and I have much to be thankful for - good health, employment, a nice house (for the most part), people I love and who love me....it's all good!

Today, there wil be no Tuesday Throwdown from Sherrod Studio as Kim graciously gave us the week off for the holiday. But I do have a little something to share with you, because I can't leave you without any creative inspiration!





















However you spend your Thanksgiving, may it be a time to remember all you are blessed with. Until next time -
Photobucket

4 comments:

Jennifer McGee said...

Oh Mary, I love your little card and can completely understand the craziness that ensues the minute we have guests arriving for the holidays. I praying your dishwasher holds out as styrofoam plates and lots of turkey with gravy on newly cleaned carpets is asking for trouble - please don't ask me how I know ;).

Happy Thanksgiving

Terri Davenport said...

Hee. Hee. Good to know you have to clean out your closets before roasting a turkey. I'll file that away for next year. Love your card!

Kathy said...

Ha! I heard the story from you first hand, but somehow seeing it in print really made me laugh! I'm glad I'm not the only one with drama. It's just too bad that-on top of everything else-you didn't have another crazy trying to lower the sky on your way to work this morning! :) Have a good Thanksgiving. And remember - "Slape Diem".

Gina Lindsay said...

I am glad to know I am not the only person that choses to do things like clean closets (or cabinets and drawers) when I have lots of people come over! I have done that more than once. Hope everything was a success and that your soon catch the attic critter.

Very nice card, very pretty.