11/19/09

OCC - a week behind but I'm catching up!

I have started playing along with the weekly sketch challenge over at Our Creative Corner every Thursday but I'm a little behind so this card is from last week's sketch (Nov. 12th- in case you want to play along).

This is actually the second card I create based on this sketch but the 1st one, you'll never see. It so did not turn out the way I had planned! So I chose a different stamp set and papers and gave it a second try and I am thrilled with the results - take a look:


















The sketch at OCC was actually flipped the other direction (with the three sections going vertically) but you know me... I like to adjust a sketch to fit my images and I think it worked great for this 5 x 7 card.

The stamps are from PaperTrey Ink, ink is from Close To My Heart, as is the cardstock and the patterned paper, another scrap so sorry, no source this time.

I kept the embellishments simple by using just a strip of lace that I folded in half and ran a basting stitch along so I could slightly gather it before adhering it to the card front. A little machine stitching was also added to the base layer of the card. The trickiest part was cutting the sections of the large flower along the division line between sections and then reassembling and mounting with foam tape to make a great dimensional flower.

Thanks for stopping by and seeing what's new here at the old blogaroonie! I have some notecard samples to finish stamping this weekend and will be back Sunday with another Corrosive Challenge. Meanwhile, I'm working today and hoping to finish cleaning out closets in Jacob's room this weekend. The fun never stops! Have a good Friday!

Photobucket

3 comments:

JazzyH said...

I love the look!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Mary, I LOVE how you turned the sketch and added the pretty lace.

Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge.

Hugs, Jennifer :)

The Mama Monkey said...

I love panel cards! And just a week behind? Girl, I am a month behind on life!! :) I think I need a re-do for October!!