9/25/09

Warm Winter Quilt card

One of my more recent purchases from PaperTrey Ink is a new set called Sign Language - it has a variety of images that fit a banner or flag that you would sign hanging on a yard sign at someone's house....does that make any sense? Here's a link if you want to see for yourself: Sign Language. Any how, for this card, I paired the snowflake square from the set with one of the Quilt stamp sets and the Gridlines cardstock - also from PTI - to create a quilted look card -



If you look really closely, you will see that the cardstock itself is lightly printed with a small square pattern - this aides in placing the stamps in the right spot. Although, my coordination still has them off a little here and there!

I chose 2 different quilt square stamps to use in combination with the snowflake. One of the quilt squares I stamped in the same color as the snowflake image (Heavenly Blue by CTMH) and the other quilt square was stamped in a light gray ink. Then I cut the entire piece with a scalloped rectangle Nestabilities die to create the edges of my quilt and added tied floss to add to the quilted look.

The ribbon at the bottom of the card is velvet and the snowflake was once a large brad but I snipped the prongs off and just adhered it with a glue dot.

I'm not sure this turned out exactly as I pictured but I love the concept and am going to try a few more versions and see what I come up with.

As far as the rest of life, I can't believe we are coming up on October already!!!! It really blows my mind how time flies by so fast! We will be going on a little vacation in a couple of weeks and I am so looking forward to the break! Hopefully Vegas will be kind to me and I will bring home a little stamp buying money! Although any money I come home with is more likely to go toward Christmas gifts. Not that I have a whole lot of people to buy for but I do like to get my kids some gifts they'll love - hubby too! And I think this weekend I am going to start planning out my Christmas cards so I don't have to be cranking those out last minute!

Ok I am off to read a little more of Eclipse (Twilight #3) and then we're watching "Castle" that we taped the other night - I LOVE that show!

Have a creative weekend!

3 comments:

Haley D. said...

Very pretty card! I love that shade of blue. Enjoy Eclipse.

The Mama Monkey said...

This is beautiful Mary! Wow...lots of work but so worth it!

Jo said...

I love that card. So "classy" yet has a great warm down-home feel to it.