9/21/09

MyGrafico Monday - Retirement Flamingos

Today's MyGrafico Challenge was truly a challenge! I love flamingo images and they always seem to catch my eye and these cuties are no exception. But how to translate a flamingo into a retirement card? The answer is in the sentiment - take a look:



Isn't that exactly what you want to do when you retire? I know I do!
I started by printing this digi image onto my cardstock so when it printed, I could simply cut the cardstock in half, fold and my card base was already printed with the image. This beach beauty was then colored with Copics to match the strip of DP and rickrac added to the top portion of the card. Stamp a saying and voila! Clean and simple!

The flamingo is from this set that you can win if you play along with the challenge this week:



All you have to do is create a retirement card *(we would really love to see your artwork using MyGrafico images!) and upload your finished card to your blog or online gallery. Don't forget, MyGrafico has an awesome Gallery that we would love to see your artwork in. You can find it here.

Wherever you post, be sure to use the keyword MyGrafico or MG17 for this challenge.
Then head over to the Challenge blog and leave a link so we can all check out your amazing artwork! You might just win this digi set!

Oh and be sure to check out what the rest of the team has put together using this set...they have some adorable flamingos to share with you!

Until next time - have a creative day!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This is delightful! Great job!

peggysue said...

That is really cute! A retirement flamingo, funny!

Unknown said...

this is just amazing, I love it.

Stephanie said...

I have to admit - this was one of my favs this week! Love the ric rac & the sentiment - just perfect!!

Dell said...

These are darling!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, LOVE this card!!! I'm such a flamingo fan. Thanks for sharing! :)

Grace said...

How fun! Love the idea of printing on a half sheet so it's ready to fold! Sounds quick and easy! I have yet to try digis... I just figured I'd end up wasting all sorts of CS not knowing where it would print so I'm glad to know you can manipulate them! I know... to anyone else that sounds dumb but it's been a big reason I haven't tried them yet! Don't know enough about how to set them up I guess! LOL! Fun card!

Gina Lindsay said...

My favorite thing about this card is the cool colors! fun image too.