8/7/09

It's Friday, Featuring....ICE CREAM!

I am planning some changes on this blog and thought today was as good as any to get them rollin'! Nothing too drastic but the changes include more posting, including more artwork, and more non-artwork, and more thoughts and ponderings. Now I won't promise a schedule 'cause you know how life can get in the way but I think I'll be posting more stuff from now on. And I would love to know what you think of the things I share! If I'm boring you, just be gentle when you tell me, ok? If you like what you're reading here, please share my blog with others.

Today I want to feature Dairy Queen ice cream. Why? Well, why not, is the question! I love ice cream *(maybe not as much as my daughter but pretty close!) And DQ is a family favorite! Can't beat it for soft-serve and Blizzards....mmmm..... (ok, I haven't eaten yet tonight and now I want ice cream).


But even better than the ice cream is the special event Dairy Queen is hosting on August 13th and I want to invite you to participate. Visit the DQ website to read more. August 13th is Miracle Treat Day and a portion of all Blizzard sales will be donated to Children's Miracle Network. From Dairy Queen's Facebook fan page: "Last year, DQ raised $5.7 Million for Children’s Miracle Network hospitals and we hope to raise as much, if not more, this summer! "

Join in the fun and pledge to buy a Blizzard on Aug. 13th in support of Children's Miracle Network!

Now for a little artwork - you didn't think I would leave you with nothing to look at, did you?



This card was made for Lauren Meader's My Time to Create sketch challenge (there's a new challenge posted every Saturday). The papers are from PaperTrey Ink and Daisy D's and the image is from the Vintage Picnic set from PaperTrey Ink. This was so much fun to make and has a lot of distressing, and foam tape for dimension and embellies. Cute, cute, cute! Thanks for a great sketch Lauren!


Ok I have to go eat and then maybe take a trip to DQ. Have a great night!

10 comments:

Sarah said...

That card is too cute!!! Love the little basket and those flowers are darling.

Haley D. said...

I agree that if you can't talk about ice cream, what can you talk about? Wish there was a DQ near us! It will be worth the 30 min. ride to get a blizzard on the 13th. Thanks for the heads up.

Love the paper on that card!! Beautiful coloring too.

JazzyH said...

I love ice cream. Great card

Sparkplug17 said...

What a gorgeous card.

AKiteFlier said...

What a fresh and fun card! Great take on the challenge sketch. Thanks for playing along! :-)

Lana Clarke said...

I love this card and the papers are super delicious
Hugs
Lana x

peggysue said...

You can talk about ice cream any time you want. I have two daughters that work at DQ. :) And neither of them told me about Aug 13, so I'll have to ask them if ours is participating. Nice card too!

Stephanie said...

Mary - thank you sooo much for the info on the Miracle Treat Day! I love Dairy Queen (it's always a four-way tie between cherry dilly bars, buster bars, oreo blizzards, or a vanilla cone with crunch coat) and I think I'll treat my mom and I on Thursday! We'll have to get there at a good time because our Dairy Queen is the busiest one I've ever seen....no matter what time or temperature there's a line of at least 5 people at both windows. I'm hoping it's even more on Thursday!!

and I love the card - great color choices!!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, how I wish I lived near a DQ! Your card is beautiful! I love the paper and that stamp set is on my wish list! I have the sentiments but waited on the baskets...since I had spent too much already!!

Joseline said...

I just purchased this set at CHA last weekend. I love it! I can't wait to ink it up. Your card came out so beautifully.