7/1/09

Grand Opening of Sherrod Studio!

I am sorry I am late with this post today but circumstances were keeping me from finishing up this project. But it's complete and I know you will think it was worth the wait!

To celebrate the grand opening of Sherrod Studio, I used the Peace and Comfort set to create a prayer journal of sorts. Take a look:


This is the outside cover. The project was made with kraft cardstock from Papertrey Ink and is based on the recipe Wrap template also from Papertrey. The serene background scene, the image of Jesus and the sentiment are all from the Sherrod Studio set. I colored the background scene with Copics and then layered a piece of vellum over the top to soften the look. The figure of Jesus was colored and cut out and added over the vellum and Peace was cut with an oval Nestabilities die and added to the front. I also have a strip of kraft cardstock added to the front that was punched with an EKSuccess border punch and then highlighted with a white gel pen.


This is the first inside page you see when you untie the ribbon - the saying is also in this beautiful stamp set. Then flip the page open again to find:

Inside are two pockets that hold panels of cardstock where you can write things you wish to remember in prayer and blessings you are thankful for...a wonderful way to record all of those thoughts we need to lift up to the Lord. I kept the embellishments simple by adding cut outs from the patterned paper to the pockets and ovals cut from the same paper as mats for the smaller ovals that say "Prayers" and "Blessings". These were stamped with JustRite alphabet stamps.
The entire project folds and ties together and is a small enough size to tuck into your purse.

I hope you have had a chance to visit Sherrod Studio today - don't forget, from now until July 7th, shipping is free on all orders!
And be sure to visit the rest of the Design Team to check out their incredible grand opening day artwork - there's more blog candy to win so leave comments as you browse!

Sparkle
Thanks for visiting and have a creative day!

12 comments:

Mary G. said...

Wow, great job on this Just beautiful!!!

Sarah said...

This is simply stunning Mary...I want to make it right away!!! Just beautiful work.

Susan said...

how perfect...the background behind the savior...makes perfect sense to me. I just would not have thought of it...great

Denise said...

Yep as you said worth the wait! Grear job!

Denise Wells
mamascollections@aol.com

Jo said...

just stunning.
love it

Stephanie said...

Love the peach paired with the kraft - beautiful journal!

Michelle VP said...

What a lovely card! I love the different fold with the pockets inside. Nice way to put the shepherd in front of the background scene too. :)

dawnmercedes said...

oh wow! delightful

The Mama Monkey said...

This is beautiful Mary! Love the colors you chose! What a wonderful idea for a project as well. My grandmother would love something like this!

Kim said...

What a great idea! I love the color combos.

Diane Noble said...

Cool idea! Wonderfully warm colors. I'm prayer coordinator in our church...hmmmm...this is a fabulous idea. I know some of my ladies would love them.

Gina Lindsay said...

this is great, love the tri-fold.