3/22/09

So Sketchy? Sunday - and Cupcake Challenge

I'm killing two birds with one stone tonight, so to speak, so onto our weekly sketch....or lack of it. I do have a sample for you but this week is going to be a little different. Rather than a specific sketch, this week's challenge is to design your card according to a few basic rules. Here they are:

1. Your card front should be a single, matted layer....not lots of layers, keep it clean and simple

2. Your card should include an image on the front and a sentiment on the front

3. Your card should include only one embellishment

4. Your card should include some "white space"

Here's the sample:



Simple...ah but is it? This is the 2nd version - my first one was awful! All products used (except the ribbon) is from CTMH. So I'm curious to see what you come up with! And this is your last chance to enter the blog candy drawing for the month of March so be sure to enter a link to your artwork on Mister Linky (at the bottom of the post) by noon on Friday to be eligible!

I also created a card tonight for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge:



I changed the sketch a tiny bit by using a rectangle image instead of an oval but that worked best with the image. Stamps from Shirley's 2 Girls, paper is SEI and cardstock is PTI. I trimmed the cage with a sparkly gel pen and colored the bird with a Copic marker and then added a couple tiny blue rhinestones to the scallops at the bottom. If you want to play along with Taylor's challenge, here is the sketch:


Be sure to head over to Taylor's blog for all of the details.

Once again, here are the details for the So Sketchy Sunday challenge:

Follow the directions above to create your card.
Once you create your card, post it to your blog or other online gallery and use the keyword SSS07. Then come back here and fill out the information in Mister Linky below directly to the place where we all can visit and check out YOUR artwork and take on this sketch.Be sure to post your completed work by Friday at noon in order to be included in a monthly drawing for blog candy!



Have a creative week!

5 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

CAS scares me. :) Everyone does great cards and I think mine will look horrible. This is just gorgeous!!

Holly said...

Mary, these are both wonderful cards - and yet so different! I enjoy looking at the CAS too and I think you're right that they probably seem deceptively simple. The key is balance and letting the image(s) and sentiment do the work - which you beautifully!

Kay said...

CAS is just not me but your card is beautiful. I'm in total admiration of people who can pull these types of cards off. I just cannot resist layers and paper and embellishments and bling.

Stephanie said...

Mary - Love your S2G card!! Your background paper is perfect :)

Carla Harrah said...

Mary,
I haven't forgot about you I just haven't had a chance to be creative this week, but I'll try to have something up before Friday night.