10/8/08

A look back



So I bet you're wondering who the little tow-head is? That's me, some 40+ years ago. Today is my birthday so I am posting a little look back at me as a child. The hair is darker today but otherwise, I am about the same .... a little stubborn, an organizer, a little bit of a drill sargeant *(ask my kids and hubby), a girly girl - for the most part - and I would say that I am also my own person (I usually do what I want, and say what I want - both of which are not always a good thing, mind you!)

But as I look back on my life I can't help but look past who I am and pause to thank my creator for the blessings in my life...my wonderful partner and love of my life, my amazing children, my comfortable home, my job, the creative spirit that keeps me going. Thanks for stopping by and taking a sentimental journey with me today. (There will be more artwork soon - I promise!)


1 comments:

Jennifer McGee said...

Hi Mary,

Happy Birthday! I hope it's a great one and that the hubby takes you out dinner(isn't that what every girl wants on her birthday?) Love the updated blog and new artwork.