9/28/08

A new set of stamps and creating a light box

So I have not been able to get very good photos of my artwork as I can't seem to find the right lighting. And I have just a point and shoot digital so I don't have a lot of lighting options. But my friend Kathy sent me a link to a webpage with directions for making an inexpensive light tent from a box, some cardstock and a little white fabric so I created today. Now I think the images are a bit better but I still think I need more light so my next step is to get a couple of clip-on lights for the sides of the box. So I think I'm on the right track - thanks Kathy!

I also have a great new set of stamps from All That Scraps - they are Amy R's new Amy's Boutique stamps and I love them! The stamps come unmounted in this great tin (just like the Fabulous CC Designs set in a previous post) and to dress it up a bit, I made a label for the tin using the cute bra stamp (colored with Copics, edged with a Cuttlebug border and mounted to Basic Grey paper). Oh and check out my other new favorite: JustRite Stamper with mini letters to create the phrase "Support Stamping" - so here's my tin of new stamps:

I also created a sketch of this creation for you to try! If you want to give it a shot, just upload your creation to a blog or public gallery and then leave a comment here with a link so I can take a look. Be sure to add my blog address if you post to a public gallery so others can join in the fun! Here's the sketch:

Thanks for visiting!

0 comments: