8/15/08

Our anniversary

Tomorrow, my hubby and I will celebrate 28 years of married life. Hardly seems possible that so much time has gone by! Although, I guess there have been times when I felt every single year! But overall, I am a very lucky lady and am grateful that I am married to my best friend. Here's a little card I made for him (plus I bought him his all time favorite movie on Blu-Ray...shhh...it's a surprise)



This was a quick card and it features the Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month set for August (with our anniversary date circled). Also notice the new rub-on heart and the ink is one of CTMH's new colors: Tulip! Gonna be a favorite of mine!

So are you wondering how my hubby and I got together all those years ago? Here's a story for you -
We were sophomores in high school and my best friend had a crush on him. So, in an effort to hook them up, I arranged for all of us to attend a basketball game together. At some point during that game, I ended up holding hands with him and not her! Yes, she was not too happy with me for awhile after that but we are still very good friends to this day (just had her and her husband over for the dinner last weekend). And here we are 33 years later, celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary. Some things are just meant to be :)

Leave a comment and share your love story!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

AHHHHHH Cute story!! happy anniversary!!!!!!!!!! Love, e

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You have such a beautiful family.