1/19/09

Fabulous!

Every week I try to participate in a number of challenges from some of my favorite-to-visit blogs. They inspire me to try a design or an idea that I would not think to try myself. I particularly love sketches but the challenge for me is to find the right stamps to go along with the dimensions and layout being presented.

This week's
Cupcake Challenge from Taylored Expressions was a little bit difficult at first as the image space is pretty good size and I just couldn't find the right size stamp to fill the space (except for a Christmas tree and I DONE with those for now! lol)

So I started with a masculine card - fish jumping out of a river type thing. Got it almost finished and decided it wasn't working for me. So I set that aside (maybe you'll see that another day) and then created this card:



The funny thing is, while the fishy card seemed to take a lifetime to come together, this one turned out "fabulous" in no time at all! It's just finding the right mixture in order to get a great finished project!

Products used are: stamps from
All That Scraps, DP from My Mind's Eye, Copics for coloring, cardstock from CTMH and PTI. The colored strips were sanded a little to look like the weathered dots on the background paper and the embellishments are just punched dots of cardstock colored with the glittery pen used for the glasses.

Take a look around and try your hand at a challenge - and have a great MLK day!

5 comments:

Gamma said...

I absolutely love this card. It is a "Fabulous" card.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card, Mary! I love the colors and distressing!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card, Mary! I love the colors and distressing!

Taylor said...

Super cute, Mary! Great colors on this card! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Diva Scrapper said...

What an adorable card..great work! Good Luck!