11/9/10

Sparkly Tree

I have a fun card for you that I created for 2 challenges - CASE Study and The Play Date Cafe. Yes, I am thoroughly hooked on challenges and am trying to fit in as many as I can before the crazy holiday season gets me.


The challenge at Play Date is to use the colors Celery, White and Stucco Orange. I don't have those exact colors so I reached for some that were PDC (pretty darn close!)  And the challenge at CASE Study was to CASE this lovely card:


I kept the layout generally the same but added Christmas tree branches and ornaments in place of the leaves and flowers of the sample card. The ornaments are from the Tiny Treats Christmas set from Papertrey Ink and each was stamped, cut out and glittered before being added to the tree.

Another Christmas card checked off my list!

Have a wonderful day!
Photobucket

10 comments:

Sarah Anderson said...

LoVe the sparkly ornaments on your tree, especially the little gingerbread man! Thanks for playing with us in the play date cafe :)

Linda said...

This is absolutely fabulous! What a creative idea. I'm always looking for new ideas for those tiny images. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Julie Ranae said...

This is so sweet and the colors worked really well for this Christmas greeting...so glad to have you play with us in The Cafe : )

Lori said...

I think your colors work great! I didn't even try PDC this week, as I was just stumped by the colors, lol.

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute holiday card, what a great way to decorate the tree! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Eva said...

Great take on the challenge Mary...the ornaments on the tree are such a good idea.

Alanna said...

Super cute card Mary. I love how you used the TT images as ornaments.

Andrea Ewen said...

Great card Mary! Love that you were able to use these colors for a Christmas card! Super job with the ornaments, that cute ribbon and based on Heather's card, yours is delightful! Glad you were able to play along with us at the Play Date Cafe and CASE Study!

Debbie Carriere said...

This a wonderful card, Mary. I love those branches & those cute ornaments :)

Heather P. said...

EEEEP! This is totally ADORABLE! Love it! :)